Do you love Chai Tea? I am guessing you do, since you clicked on the link and are reading this… 😉
Well, Sheryl and I set out to make an epic cup of home made iced Chai, and I think we accomplished just that! It’s EASY to make and seriously tasty. Best part about it is that you can add whatever sweetener you like, to your exact sweetness preference, instead of it being pre-sweetned like it comes at the grocery store.
- 4 1/2 cup water
- 1 cinnamon Stick
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 7 pods cardamon
- 10 whole cloves
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp orange zest (about 1 orange worth)
- 1 vanilla bean paste (optional)
- 10 black tea bags (Earl Grey is a yummy choice)
- Dump everything in except the tea
- Bring the water to a boil
- Turn off the burner and wait for the boiling to stop
- Then add the tea bags for 15 minutes
- Then remove them and let the liquid cool
- Strain the spices out (I use a gold filter)
- Put in something with a lid and keep refrigerated for up to 3 weeks
It’s SERIOUSLY good y’all!
My favorite way to drink this is with a bit of honey syrup, cream and a pinch of salt (just trust me on the salt thing) over ice.