You would not believe how many people questioned me about developing this recipe! The most common comment was inquiring if the cream would curdle because of the acidity of the oranges. The honest answer was I didn’t know if it would work or not! lol. So much of this whole “recipe development” that Sheryl and I have dove in to, is honestly being willing for things to just not turn out, and then asking the question “How do I fix this so it is GOOD?” .
This particular recipe took 3 tries to get the proportions and amounts just right. I am happy to report that it is DELICIOUS with a pinch of addicting thrown in for good measure. 😉
- 2 cups – Fresh Orange Juice (Fresh squeezed is best, but you can substitute a store bought juice that has pulp in it.)
- 1/4 tsp – Orange Extract
- 1 1/2 tsp – Vanilla Extract
- 4 tbs – Honey Syrup
- 2 pinch – Salt
- 1/2 cup – Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup – Club Soda
- Juice oranges
- Combine all of the ingredients in a container that will hold at least 6 cups of liquid, and mix well.
- Serve immediately over ice and enjoy!
I love simplifying this recipe by mixing together the first 5 ingredients, and having it ready in the fridge. Then when you get a craving for a little slice of refreshing heaven, all you have to do is add the cream and club soda! Easy peasy. <3
If you enjoy getting yummy recipes delivered right to your inbox, make sure to sign up for our Email List, and follow us on social media (linked at the top of this post) so you don’t miss a single tasty bite (or sip) along the way!